Sunday, January 1, 2012

One Little Word 2012

My dear friend, Christine, introduced me to One Little Word a few years ago. I feel so lucky in life, I just really never have anything I need to resolve to do so thinking of one word better suits me. Sure, I could always use some improvements, but I've never had a real desire to make resolutions in the new year. 

This year, I'm choosing the word nourish. 

My journey toward this word and idea actually started a few months ago and has been a reason I haven't been blogging. I have been concentrating very hard on nourishing my family, my self, our house and homeschool. It's not even that anything has been drained or not doing well! I truly believe that I have absolutely everything I need, right in front of me and I want to take care of it. I want everything around me to flourish and grow, and that takes nourishment. 

Later this week I'll tell you what I've been up to and why it's taken so much of my time!

Until then (it's a real cliff hanger, I know) I'm going to remember something another friend of mine said: A new year comes once every 365 days but we get a new day every 24 hours. I hope we all learn to live each day to the fullest so that the year truly counts." 

Welcome to 2012, friends! 


No comments: