Friday, April 17, 2009

Things I Need to (re)Learn to Do...

My neighbor came over this morning. Thankfully, she was in her bathrobe and sans makeup. I was equally as classy in my nursing tank, baby on me in a carrier and my '80's hair rockin' everywhere...

Any way, she came over to let me know something was wrong with a sprinkler. Upon reluctant investigation, it looked like a water main break. We were spewing gallons and gallons of restricted water all over the driveway and in to the street. Ah! I don't even know how to turn off the stupid water. Sad...

So, here's my list of things I need to learn to do before John starts getting underway.

Learn to:
1. Turn the sprinklers off.
2. Take the trash out (3 glorious years of barely touching the bins -but, this was after 14 months of meticulously separating EVERYTHING in Japan)
3. Quit having an adrenalin rush every time something goes bump in the night.
4. Make dinner and feed myself. Yes, actually eat dinner and not yogurt or cereal...or wine...
5. Find a plumber, the gas man, and all the other men in my life.
6. Change a tire in a shorter amount of time. As in, under 10 minutes so the kids to freak out. Is that possible?
7. Exercise my Second Amendment right. Well, at least have a legal firearm with proper protection and education. I know all about it, Southern style...
8. Make time for myself.
9. Stop "treating" the boys to make up for the fact that Daddy's not here. It's just a fact. We have to live with it and it does not mean I have to buy cars every time we're at Target!
10. Regain the hand over the finances. Shore tours, it's John's job. Sea tours, my job. Ah! Excel...

There are probably more things I need to (re)Learn but I think that's a lofty (enough) goal for now.

No comments: