Thursday, January 3, 2013

Jumping In...To BUSINESS!

Yikes. I just said it out loud...

One of my goals for 2013 is to focus a little more. On life, on my daily tasks, being present with my kids, on my workouts and races...all of it! I had no idea that it would entail owning my own small business. 

About a month (or two?) ago a friend messaged me on Facebook. She told me about her new business venture and said she had thought of me. I thought "Yeah, right." A.) I don't do "business" B.) I'm kinda busy here C.) I'm not selling a dang thing and D.) I'm SO not having a "toy"/bag/candle or whatever else party! 

So I let it go! 

Fast forward a few weeks and I was in Arlington, VA, looking for our next home. I found our next home and as I was emailing back and forth with the current owners I noticed something. The woman's signature mentioned the same business my Facebook friend was trying to tell me about. 

Huh. That was weird...and interesting...

I email the Facebook friend back and found out about Rodan + Fields and the opportunity to become part of a very supported team. 

So I stewed on it for a few days. Could this actually work? I talked to John about it and did some research homework. With a money back guarantee, why not jump in for a bit? Wet the feet, give it a good row...

So, here I am. A stay-at-home-homeschooling-part-time-working-from-home-mom. 

Joining my team is easy and I have a feeling that it's going to be lots of fun. At least it's something all of my own and I'm quite excited about that! 

No comments: