FIVE years ago, this little dude made his way in to our lives. I can't believe how many years have gone by! As much as I'm sad to see the time pass, I sure am happy to be done with four!
|The very first picture of our newly minted five year old. Sleepy eyes and all.|
|Cake batter pancakes (I know, they sounded terrible but were surprisingly mild!).|
|He was SUPER excited to wear the birthday crown and to sit in the birthday chair.|
|Gift from Eli: alien legos! ...and more legos from Deacon.|
|Playing with his gift from Mommy & Daddy, a Leap Pad.|
We had a great day celebrating, singing and hanging out. Grandma flew in from New Jersey and sat with Turner for two hours building his alien legos. I made the requested birthday dinner of meatballs, pasta with sauce and cheesy bread. If all that wasn't enough, there was even ice cream cake! In total, he blew out candles three times (did I mention Grandma brought cupcakes from Crumbs?).
It wouldn't be an awesome Baggett day without some chaos. So, we called the fire department. Really, we had to. Around 8pm the detector went off saying "carbon monoxide detected." Weird, because we'd had the windows opened all day. John replaced the batteries and we went on our merry way to bed. The alarm goes off again and, not one to mess with gas leaks (thanks, CHENG) we ended up calling the fire department. I'm not sure why, but we thought maybe they'd show up in the captains car with just a guy or two...WRONG! Full truck, fire fighters in bunker gear and am EMT. Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer so they took it seriously and I'm thankful they did! After that scare, there was nothing detected in the house. We'll be replacing that detector tomorrow! I would have PANICKED if John wasn't home!
Needles to say, I won't be sleeping tonight!