Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Summer I Drove...a lot!

I knew this summer was going to be an adventure, but I had no idea I'd drive over 2,000 miles! Luckily, my dad did an 800 mile leg with me (over night from our house in VA to FL). It was exhausting and to say I was happy to come home (to a super dusty house and a fried modem) is putting it lightly! We had a great time seeing family and friends but there really is nothing like being in your own bed at night. On top of coming home, we're back together with Daddy again. He was gone for three months for his "learn to be a captain" school. 

We hung out with cousins...

Celebrated birthdays...

Ran races...

Let Deacon indulge in the finer things in life...

Soaked in lots of pool time...

And outdoor tub time...

We enjoyed water hoses...

And more cousin love...

Played with Florida bugs...

And went fishing for the first time...

We ate lollipops and held squid...at the same time..

And did a lot of hanging out with grandparents...

The craziest part is we grew...

And grew....

And grew...

What a busy summer! It's not over yet, we still have Turner's birthday to go! 

No comments: