Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Offical!

We've got orders! I mean, we already knew we were headed to Mayport Naval Station but now we've got the papers to prove it. Or, at least I know they're online and "offical." It's funny, because Jacksonville was our 8th choice (out of 10) but I cannot imagine going to our top three choices right now (Japan, Hawaii, San Diego). With John deploying twice, and all the other underway times I need to be able to lean on my family.

Jacksonville was our 8th choice just because we thought we weren't ready for the east coast yet. Our goal was to not get back to the same duty station twice, until we were forced to. As it turns out, we were forced to. I guess all the front-runners for John's peer group were sent to be CHENGS -Chief Engineers, the people that make the ships run. John was #1 (excuse my horn-tooting) in his class and, so to a broke-ass friggate we go...

I'm afraide we're going to enjoy Jacksonville and not want to leave. I really want to make the most of the nomadic life-style we signed up for and then be able to settle a little when the kids are in high school. We'll see how that works out...

Time to do the SmartWeb Move stuff!

No comments: