Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Channeling Michelle Duggar

Yes, I'm a lame TLC addict. Whatever, you can come out of the closet too. I bet I could tell you those jeans were not a great fit because of Stacey & Clinton or that Kenadie Jourdin-Bromley is the smallest person in the world. The new Monkey show won't be in on my DVR list, neither is Toddlers and Tiaras. I digress...Barack who?

I, most certainly like you, am oddly intrigued and repulsed by the Duggar Family. 19, amost 20 children from the same woman? No, thank you. I have time enough with two. I mean, really, Michelle, you proceeded to have sex with this man after the 4th or 10th child?!? No, thanks, Jim-Bob (WTF kinda of name is that?) I don't want a dose of your super sperm tonight. Tee hee hee, I said sperm. I wonder what she calls it. Godly love fluids? Bleah.

All craziness aside: Michelle Duggar lives in a state of zen. How does she do it? Herbal supplements? Drugs? What is it?!? I want to know. No, no. I NEEEED to know.

The boys are great, they're wonderful...but they're also 3 and 15 months. I really try, everyday, to make things as engaging and awesome as I can. I always fall short, but that's not the hard part. It's the days I fall short (everyday) and also have zero patience that are the absolute worst. Not only do I feel bad for not giving the boys everything I possibly can, I also feel crappy for losing my temper.

Tomorrow is another day.

Tomorrow I will channel Michelle Duggar's patience...just not her uterus.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, I want to know what she is on too!

THE BELL BABIES said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE BELL BABIES said...

Nellie I have wondered the same thing myself.
I have decided that in order to not yell at my children I must put in ear plugs when a tanturm starts, or I just can't handle another repetitive question. Some days I don't have the ear plugs with me, so I just pretend I do (which actually works pretty well).
Every mom has days where they fail and days where they hate themselves. Focus on all the rad things you do for your boys and remember the ear plugs!!!! And somehwere, someone else always has it worse.

Nellie said...

Jill Bell, you make my day when you say "rad." I could really just get a voicemail from you containing one word and I'd smile for days!

Christine said...

Ahhh. Yes. I hear you sister... I have heard "It's a vagina, not a clown car!" LOL!! For serious! I am terrified of 3!!!! Can't imagine 20!!! Ohhh Lord.

You are RAD and AWESOME and all kinds of other adjectives!

Big hugs, mama!

PS love the new bloggy look!!