Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Um, Like....


I know that you can be underwhelmed and you can be overwhelmed but can you ever just be, like, whelmed? Quick fact: 10 Things I Hate About You is my 'dirty little secret' movie. I wouldn't really admit it in a conversation, but I have to watch if it's on TV.

I'm not sure if it's deployment related or just timing-in-the-duty-station related, but I'm just whelmed. The boys and I have a hang of things now: the house is clean, the laundry is caught up, diapers get washed every night, we're fed, they sleep well, and we're having about as much fun as we can. The days aren't super interesting nor boring. The weather has been a little too chilly to really enjoy the outdoors for more than a few hours out of the day, but the boys are getting bored with my bag of indoor tricks. I'm exhausted beyond the meaning of the word so playing horsey is not a part of my arsenal at this time. It's a little boring sitting here alone at night. I mean, I count down the minutes until bedtime but I miss my little side-kicks. More so, I miss the big side-kick. It's just kind of ho-hum at the end of long, crazy days; I need to learn to enjoy the evening more. I guess insult to injury is the no drinking during pregnancy thing. Warm tea can only do so much before it's annoying that I have to pee even more often.

Mostly, I think, this is about the time I get "the itch." I'm ready for another city, state, country. I hate leaving the comfort but even more I hate sitting in the same place. It's a weird conundrum that has me crying as I leave friends but so happy to explore a new home town. The pack-out sucks, the mess is something I can live with out and the explosion of household crap on the other end would have some people running. I'm ready for our next duty station, though! I'm just kind of whelmed here. We knew it was coming, there was nothing exciting or new and I think I've felt this way the whole year.

Now that I've said all that, I can't believe I'm excited about what's about to slap me in the face. I mean, hello: one husband just back from deployment, one relationship figuring out the footwork post deployment AND post third child, 2 busy toddlers, a new born and a move. Now I know I've got too much time on my hands at night. What idiot wants to dip their feet in that?

A whelmed Navy wife.

1 comment:

THE BELL BABIES said...

Nellie 3 is so much more fun than two. Get out every single day and you will be ok. Also get Turn in preschool for 2 days a week so you can just focus on the 2 littles. I thought I would be done with 3 kids, in fact I almost got my tubes tied. BUT....I can't wait for numero 4!!!
You are my inspiration
xoxo