Saturday, March 28, 2009

Grocery Goods

This week's savings at Publix: $45.37. I was pretty excited about that.

$5.50 in vendor coupons, $4.00 in store coupons (actually, they were Food Lion coupons -one included $2 off a purchace of $5 or more in produce!), $34.78 in advertised special savings and $1.09 in advantage savings.

My greatest purchaces this time around: B1G1 Olive Oil and $1.99 Contessa Meals (for John this week)! The best was the deal on jars of Earth's Best Organic baby food. I make all of Ollie's food, but I picked up a few "just in case" jars. I found a $1 off 10 jars coupon from the Earth's Best site, then I had a $1 off 6 jars from Food Lion. It was B1G1 so the total for 10 jars was about $3.40!


*NOTES*

Last week's cilantro/lime/beer chicken was the best chicken I've ever made! Here's the "recipe."
whole chicken, cleaned, patted dry
1/2 stick butter, softened
beer
handful cilantro
cumin
paprika
garlic
s & P
red potatoes cut in to quarters


In a glass pan (or roasting pan if you're special), toss in potatoes and whatever else you decide must go in.
In a bowl, combine butter, cilantro, cumin, paprika, garlic. Rub S & P all over outside of chicken. Cut tiny holes (two on breast side, two on back side) in the chicken skin. Shove your fingers in there...lovely...and separate the skin from the muscle. Put some of the butter mixture under the skin and massage until you use it all up. I wipe my hands all over the outside of the chicken when I'm done. Gives the skin some goodness. Oh! and toss some of that beer in the pan.

No comments: