Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter

mmm kay....that was cheesy.
Easter was pretty nice this year. It was the first time in 9 years that I was able to do what we do on Easter -head over to my Great Aunt's for some BBQ and hang out time. It's usually after church, but I wasn't taking them to a service this Easter.

I felt a little guilty about not having a better basket prepared for the boys but I think they'll be ok later in life. It's really hard to shop for things now that Turner is so aware of what goes in a shopping cart so it was all last minute. I wanted to make them capes, so my mom ended up making them the night before. I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything from the dollar section at Target. All the small things make for a cute basket but I hate the clutter and end up throwing everything away! The Bunny also included some chocolates from Godiva (yes, I know, spoiled), sidewalk chalk, and a few cars. Home made bath crayons were supposed to be included but I never got around to it.

Oh! And the grow-your-own-Easter-grass thing ended up working out! Not only is it a fun and easy project, but makes for a cute basket.

All in all, they seemed to be unaware that they were missing toys and trinkety stuff. Who would care about toys when there's a Godiva chocolate on a stick at 7:30 in the morning?!
After their naps, we went to Aunt Melodie's house. There was BBQ and family time and then came the egg hunt! It was the boys' first hunt with other kids involved so I was interested to see what would happen. Eli wasn't so sure, but my cousin, Houston, helped him find eggs. Turner went with my Aunt, Linda, to hunt and he actually ended up finding all these over-sized eggs with toys in them.

By the end of the collecting, Turner found the most for his age group and Eli had fun in the little side yard with his Pop Pop and Houston.
It was a good Easter, but I still missed my sweet husband. He's such an awesome dad; I have no doubt the boys would have had a blast with him. There's always next year but it does make me sad that he didn't see them this year, at this age.



No comments: